Data Protection Policy
For the purposes of data protection law, Alantra Wealth Management is the controller of your Personal Data. You can obtain the contact details of Alantra Wealth Management, as well as the details of Alantra Wealth Management’s data controllers, by contacting Alantra Wealth Management as indicated in the section “Our Contact Details” below.
Our commitment to confidentiality
We believe that responsible use of Personal Data collected is essential to our business objectives and reputation. As part of our commitment to confidentiality, we have adopted this Policy.
Sources of personal data we collect
Subject to applicable law, Alantra Wealth Management will collect Personal Data about you from various sources:
- When you provide us with the data (for example, by sending emails, signing a contract, filling in forms, contacting us by phone or when you visit or make a query through our websites, in addition to any other medium).
- In the ordinary course of our relationship with you (for example, for the management of your operations or your investments in our funds).
- In the event that you apply to us for a job, we may collect additional Personal Data provided by you and by third parties (where applicable), such as your CV and references.
- Data that you have manifestly chosen to make public, including through social networks (for example, we may collect information from your profile(s) on social networks, to the extent that you have chosen to make your profile publicly visible) .
- From third parties who provide them to us (for example, your employer, our clients, credit reference agencies, law enforcement authorities, etc.).
- From third parties, when you purchase any of our products or services through such third parties.
- When you visit any of our websites or use any features or resources available on or through a website. When you visit a website, your device and browser may automatically disclose certain information (such as device type, operating system, browser type, browser settings, IP address, language settings, dates and times link to a page and other technical information about communications) and part of this information may constitute Personal Data.
- In accordance with financial regulations, Alantra Wealth Management may record telephone calls that it has with clients, potential clients as well as with third parties, both incoming and outgoing calls.
When you provide Personal Data on behalf of another person, you are responsible for notifying that person that you have provided us with your Personal Data and referring them to this Policy so that they can see how we will treat your Personal Data.
Purpose and legal basis of the processing of personal data
We will process Personal Data to:
- Offer you a personalized service;
- Provide you with information about market trends and opportunities;
- Participate in marketing and business development activities, and understand the effectiveness of our marketing material;
- Verify your identity (including for fraud prevention purposes), assess your ability to meet your financial obligations (if applicable) and manage Alantra Wealth Management’s relationship with you and/or the client related to you;
- Enter into the contract with you or with a customer/supplier related to you;
- Improve our services;
- Maintain the security and reliability of our site and systems;
- Perform financial risk assessments, risk mitigation activities and for risk reporting and risk management;
- Comply with the legal and regulatory obligations of Alantra Wealth Management. This includes reporting to the competent authorities, complying with anti-money laundering obligations and tax filing obligations. Know our clients and their business objectives;
- Update and improve customer records;
- Defend us against any lawsuit or file lawsuits and investigate claims;
- Inspection procedures
The legal basis for the processing of your Personal Data for the purpose specified in this section is:
- Consent – we may need your consent to use your Personal Data. You may withdraw your consent by contacting us as indicated in the “Our Contact Details” section below.
- Performance of a contract – we may need to collect and use your personal data to enter into a contract with you or to perform our obligations under a contract with you or a customer related to you.
- Legitimate interest – we may use your personal data for our legitimate interests.
- Compliance with laws or regulations – we may use your personal data where necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations.
Marketing materials, event invitations and news
We may process your Personal Data to send you our publications, marketing materials, event invitations and news (the “Marketing Materials”) about Alantra Wealth Management. The legal basis for the processing of your data for the purpose specified in this section is your consent, as well as the legitimate interest of Alantra Wealth Management.
The legal basis for the processing of your data for the purpose specified in this section is your consent, as well as the legitimate interest of Alantra Wealth Management.
If you do not wish to receive Marketing Materials from us, you may unsubscribe at any time. To do this, you must contact Alantra Wealth Management using the information indicated in the section “Our Contact Information” below. Your request will be analyzed and responded to within one (1) month of receipt. This cancellation does not affect the legality of the previous operations of treatment of your Personal Data. Notwithstanding the opt-out, you may continue to receive other information directly from Alantra Wealth Management staff and employees with whom you are in contact based on the applicable legal basis (for example, performance of a contract).
In accordance with the applicable provisions, you have the right to the following:
- Confirm whether Alantra Wealth Management is processing Personal Data concerning you and access the Personal Data Alantra Wealth Management holds about you.
- Request the rectification of Personal Data.
- Request the deletion of Personal Data in certain circumstances (there may be cases in which Alantra Wealth Management is legally authorized to keep it, such as for the defense against potential claims).
- Request restriction of processing of your Personal Data (again, there may be cases where Alantra Wealth Management is legally entitled to continue processing your Personal Data).
- Object to the processing of your Personal Data, in which case Alantra Wealth Management will stop processing your Personal Data (except where Alantra Wealth Management is legally entitled to continue processing your Personal Data).
- Receive, in a commonly used, structured and machine-readable format, the Personal Data concerning you that you have provided to Alantra Wealth Management or request that Alantra Wealth Management transfer it directly to another data controller where technically possible.
- Withdraw consent given, although in certain circumstances it may be legal for Alantra Wealth Management to continue to process your Personal Data where Alantra Wealth Management has another legitimate reason (other than consent) to do so.
- Submit a claim to the competent data protection authority, if you consider that Alantra Wealth Management has violated any of your rights.
You can exercise your rights by contacting Alantra Wealth Management using the channel enabled in the “Our Contact Information” section below. Your request will be analyzed and responded to within one (1) month of receipt.
You can obtain more information about your rights by contacting the competent data protection authority. We may indicate, after consultation, which data protection authority is competent to process your Personal Data.
The Personal Data provided will be kept for the period determined based on various criteria, including the following: i) legal obligation of conservation; ii) validity of the contractual relationship and compliance with any responsibilities derived from said relationship; and iii) when applicable, request for deletion by the interested party.
The security of your Personal Data is of the utmost importance to us. We take appropriate technical and organizational measures in accordance with industry standards to ensure the security of your information and to protect it from unauthorized use or damage, both online and offline. For security reasons, we cannot divulge details about these measures.
Our contact details
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to send a message to the data protection officer via email firstname.lastname@example.org